Discrete Manufacturing Incident and Deviation Management
For manufacturers in high-tech and industrial segments, quality has a direct impact on the bottom line. Major quality problems these manufacturers must deal with include quality incidents, product rework, product deviations, and customer complaints.
Sparta incident and deviation management software streamlines deviation management, incident analysis, investigations, and corrective actions. Product or process deviations are handled through an integrated system that tracks and manages the entire process. It automates follow-up effectiveness tasks, and, when applicable, closes the loop with the incident record for which a corrective action was created.
The solution offers fully configurable, automated incident and deviation management processes. It helps to ensure completion, management oversight, and visibility while mitigating risks of lost records or processes left incomplete or forgotten. Quality departments can log and manage quality issues originating from any source, while an automated workflow routes records through the appropriate investigation, root cause analysis, planning, verification, and effectiveness steps. This ensures a repeatable, compliant and closed-loop incident and deviation management solution.
Benefits of Incident & Deviation Management Software
- Ensures compliance with industry and ISO standards with a fully configurable incident management and corrective action system.
- Reduces risk of lost or incomplete records through closed-loop deviation and corrective action management process.
- Decreases time-to-market, cycle time and production/operation costs by increasing quality and process efficiency.
- Reduces risks of repeated issues and problems by ensuring corrective action processes are followed-up as defined by SOPs.
- Increases customer safety and reduces risk of brand and corporate image damage by reducing the chances of poor quality product making it to market.
- Provides flexible yet controlled environments through fully configurable and automated best-practices based process workflows.
- Improves other quality and operating processes by integrating with other enterprise business critical pillar systems such as ERP, PLM, CRM, MES, etc.
- Increases operational transparency through automated alerts, critical decision making information dashboards, and extensive failure reporting capabilities.
- Increases corrective action management accountability though assignments, sign-offs, and automated audit trails.
- Decreases risks of repeat errors and product failure issues by improving root cause analysis using built-in decision trees and drill-down selection lists.