Technology can play an important role in addressing the challenges of complaint handling in regulated industries, such as pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Here are a few ways that technology can help:
- Risk management: Complaint handling software includes automated risk assessment tools to identify potential serious complaints and prioritize those cases for further investigation. Additionally, the software can provide early warning systems that alert quality managers to potential product defects and recalls, helping minimize risk.
- Record-keeping and documentation: Complaint handling software provides built-in tools for recording and documenting complaints, including fields for collecting relevant information, document control and versioning and automatic audit trails that capture all actions taken during the complaint handling process.
- Rapid response times: Complaint handling software can be designed with easy-to-use interfaces, automated workflows and real-time tracking features that help organizations respond quickly to complaints, reducing response times and minimizing risk.
- Traceability: Complaint handling software can include built-in traceability features that allow organizations to track complaints back to specific products, batches or serial numbers. This can include tools for linking complaints to product information, test results and manufacturing history.
- Quality improvement: Complaint handling software can include reporting and analysis tools to help organizations identify complaint trends and patterns. This feedback can improve processes and procedures and identify improvement areas. This can also include automated Root Cause Analysis and Statistical Process Control features.
By using technology to manage complaint handling in regulated industries, organizations can improve their ability to track and respond to complaints while minimizing risk. Additionally, they can utilize data from the software to improve their operations, enhance the safety and quality of their products and services and stay competitive in their market.WATCH MORE ABOUT COMPLAINTS
Resources About Complaints Handling:
- WEBINAR: Improving Postmarket Surveillance Across the Life Science Value Network – Comprehensive Postmarket Surveillance is more than receiving complaints and reporting to Regulatory Agencies.
- DATASHEET: Complaint Management Datasheet – Manage the entire complaint process with TrackWise Digital.