Food & Beverage Quality and Safety Software
Food quality and safety management is becoming more important to consumers who have seen the number of highly publicized product recalls increase over the last decade. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), roughly 1 in 6 Americans (or 48 million people) get sick and 3,000 die of foodborne illnesses. As a result, food and beverage companies incur unexpected costs to remove, destroy and replace product from the supply chain, which can impact sales, market share and consumer confidence.
Growing Importance of Food Quality Management
Due to the increasing number of food recalls, regulators are implementing new food and beverage quality standards and requirements to ensure that the food that enters the supply chain is safe for consumers. The most recent regulation, the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), now provides the FDA with the power to force a food recall and suspend facility operations, and is compelling food and beverage manufacturers to improve supplier and importer quality management procedures through the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP).
Besides concerns on FSMA regulations, companies have the added challenge of managing the food quality of global suppliers, third party manufacturers and contract packagers to ensure that products are on time and meet food and beverage quality and compliance requirements.
Automated Food Safety Management System Versus Paper-Based Solutions
Unfortunately, many companies in this industry are still relying on paper-based records or spreadsheet to document and manage such food quality management processes as audits, deviations and corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) or supplier management. This prevents information and updates to be shared with other facilities and creates inefficiencies in production and change procedures that have been implemented.
With enterprise quality management software (EQMS), companies in the Food & Beverage industry can automate food quality management processes to meet compliance requirements and changing regulations while still benefiting from a flexible, solution that can streamline quality information and food safety management processes across the enterprise.
What Benefits Can Food and Beverage Companies Achieve When Using Sparta Systems' EQMS Solution?
- Support a complete food safety management system that monitors product from warehouse receiving, through production and packaging, and finally through QA testing before a product is shipped through the supply chain
- Automate food quality processes and compile global information in a single, centralized location
- Use a flexible configurable workflow platform to define, track, manage and report on changing business processes to support food regulations, providing visibility currently lacking from existing systems
- Provide a comprehensive audit trail with electronic signatures and parent-child records that is easy to query and audit, and eliminates errors and the inefficiencies of paper-based systems
- Manage internal and external audits to monitor risks and deviations to reduce adverse events in the supply chain
- Integrate with other ERP and IT systems to create a seamless system of visibility across the company’s enterprise and through its suppliers and contract vendors
- Create on-demand reports to review dashboards to identify issues or track food safety management process efficiencies
- Supports regulatory requirements to identify critical areas of concern and implement corrective and preventive action (CAPA) to support food and beverage quality control efforts of the organization
Sparta Systems' EQMS Solution Complies With Important FDA and Other Food Manufacturing Regulations Including:
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- ISO 22000
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF)
Sparta’s EQMS solution automate food quality management processes and integrate this information to other enterprise software systems such as CRM, ERP and LIMS, to provide the granular level visibility that is currently missing from existing systems. Companies have seen measurable reductions in the number of recall events as well as the cycle times associated with change control, CAPAs and supply quality management.
Sparta Systems’ solutions enable your organization to comply with GMP standards and delivers efficient and effective integration across food and beverage management processes including:
Manage the process of qualifying, selecting, and monitoring suppliers and supply chain partners using supplier quality management software with features such as supplier scorecards, supplier qualification workflows, and tracking systems for supplier nonconformances and resulting actions.
Identify and mitigate operational compliance risks for food regulations by efficiently managing the full audit lifecycle, including the resolution of findings in a timely and effective manner with our audit management solution.
Record, track, and trend customer inquiries and complaints while managing all remedial action through to completion with our complaint management software.
Automate deviations, investigations and CAPA workflow steps. Manage deviations in a way that complies with CPG supply chain and overall food quality standards.