Quality Management for Consumer Packaged Goods Companies
The consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry has seen a steady increase in merger and acquisition (M&A) activity over the last three decades. Many of these companies are driving toward a lean and standardized manufacturing process that enables production flexibility and better compliance. The practices are particularly effective when applied to supply chains and can help improve the entire manufacturing process. But, standardizing on these practices internally and extending them to supply chains can be a major challenge.
A Standardized Manufacturing Process That Drives Quality
By establishing a standardized process, organizations are better able to identify standards that are not being adhered to or adopted, as well as when and where to take corrective action. To get there, CPG manufacturers need to take advantage of quality management solutions that coordinate business processes and IT infrastructure with operational and quality processes.
Such a system can simplify and consolidate these critical processes to provide real-time insight across plants, geographic regions, and suppliers. That insight can inform quality assurance issues, support compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, and help merge business processes and systems between companies and balance the functionality of new capabilities.
Sparta quality management system (QMS) software helps CPG companies to automate quality processes and manage them from one place. It helps create visbility, ensure compliance, lower risk, and improve effiency. See why so many CPG companies rely on Sparta to help define, track, manage, and report on quality and compliance.
Benefits of Sparta Quality Management for CPG Companies
- Integrates document management with other quality and compliance processes like CAPAs.
- Streamlines incident management and corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), helping to prevent and quickly resolve any non-conformances.
- Improves visibility into upstream operations to help manufacturers to effectively collaborate with partners and suppliers.
- Automates audits to help make identification and resolution of issues more efficient.
- Lets you log, investigate, and respond to complaints, while offering data that helps improve product quality.
- Streamlines environment, health and safety (EHS) management through automated workflows, and speeds up inspection and corrective action cycles.
- Tracks and manages employee training to ensure activities are scheduled and carried out.