Quality Management Software for Chemical Companies
Chemical and agrochemical manufacturers face challenges like: new regulatory requirements, mergers and acquisitions, patent expirations, competitive threats, product registration tracking, and managing suppliers and third-party vendors. These challenges come at a time when there is less budget, reduced headcount, and minimal visibility to global and contract chemical manufacturing and packaging processes.
Companies in these industries rely on disparate ERP, MES, and other IT systems to manage operations and costs. Unfortunately, these systems do little to manage and maintain chemical and agrochemical companies' quality processes and regulatory compliance. As a result, many quality processes are handled in spreadsheets or on paper. These methods silo information at one location, contain errors, and prevent corrective or preventive actions from being implemented across the organization.
Meeting Regulatory Compliance Requirements
Quality management system (QMS) software enables manufacturers to implement an effective and closed-loop quality and compliance system. It tracks, manages, and reports on quality and regulatory processes such as deviations, investigations, corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs), and management of change (MOCs). It can manage and track the regulatory requirements of various agencies including:
- US Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- EU Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- California’s Green Chemistry Initiative
Managing compliance can be a challenge for a team juggling many priorities. Product launches and sales forecasts are dependent on maintaining and updating registration submissions and testing requirements. One change in product recipe or specification requirements can result in a product being out of compliance and thus unable to be released to open purchase orders.
By managing the product registration process within QMS software, any changes to the product – including CAPAs or MOCs – can be identified in real-time and updates to submissions can be updated immediately to prevent distribution delays. Sparta enables companies organizations to comply with EPA, GMP, OSHA, EPA, ISO, FIFRA, Regulation No 396, Directive 91/414/EEC, and other quality and safety requirements.
See why chemical manufacturing companies use Sparta quality and compliance software to streamline quality processes, consolidate redundant systems, and reduce manual operations to improve top-line revenue generation.
Benefits of Sparta Quality and Compliance for Chemical Companies
- Facilitates compliance with GMP, OSHA, EPA, ISO, and other quality and safety requirements.
- Supports chemical manufacturer risk management programs by proactively identifying trends and indicators for materials that are out of specifications (OOS) or out of tolerance (OOT).
- Enforces chemical and agrochemical industry standards for employee and supervisor training on proper safety procedures.
- Shortens product release cycle time by closing corrective and preventive actions faster.
- Improves organizational efficiency by alerting users when work is required and automatically escalating late issues.
- Increases transparency through extensive reporting capabilities featuring dashboards, executive overviews and powerful search functionality.
Learn More About Sparta Solutions for Chemical Companies